Who Am I?
Hi, my name is Jessica Farinha, (people call me jess) I am a Professional Makeup Artist currently living in the beautiful seaside town of Bournemouth in Dorset. I am easygoing and very creative, in my spare time when I’m not working I like to learn new skills, drink hot chocolate and go for long walks to the beach.
Where Am I From?
I was born in South Africa but my parents are Portuguese. I moved to Bournemouth two years ago to start a new chapter in my life, and follow my dream of being a successful makeup artist.
Where did I Qualify?
I completed an intensive course in ‘Fashion, Media and TV Makeup and Hair’ at DFMA Makeup Academy in Westbourne, Bournemouth. I graduated in October 2014. During the course I was trained by a team of international makeup artists and a team of industry experts who trained me to work to the highest possible standard.
Why did I become a Makeup Artist?
I have always been passionate about the art of makeup and inspired by the versatility of what makeup can do to alter someone’s appearance. Whether it is enhancing one’s natural beauty or completely transforming someone’s look to the point where the look can appear to be an illusion. Makeup has the ability to trick a person’s eyes into believing something that isn’t real, to me it feels almost magical.
I am also fascinated with the changing history of makeup and how different cultures express them selves using different techniques and styles. This is reflected in the wide variety of looks that I am inspired to create. In particular I am inspired by the 1920’s and 50’s eras because of their classic styles.
My Work Experiences
- Head of Makeup and Hair for the show Ghosts, Bournemouth Little Theatre – Bournemouth – April 2016
- Makeup Artist for Promotional video, Mr Lees Noodles Company, Bournemouth – March 2016
- Head of Makeup and Hair for a Promotional video, short film called Twisted – Bournemouth University- Bournemouth – Feb 2016
- Makeup Artist for Charity Event at Wework – London – Oct 2015
- Assistant Makeup Artist (Kyriaki Aronis) for a Fashion Blog Event – Oxford – Oct 2015
- Makeup artist for “Poole Goes Vintage” Fashion show Event – Poole – Bournemouth – July 2015
- Assistant Makeup Artist (Tamsin Malones Layzell) for Hairspray Show, Brighton Theatre Group Youth, Brighton Dome Theatre – Brighton, UK – July 2015
- Intern/Assistant for DFMA Makeup Academy – London – April 2015
Who I have Worked with
61 Gresham Road
Connect with Me
Get in Touch with Me
Please give me a call on 07956296370
Or complete the contact form below and I will get in touch as soon as possible!